Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Power of Now

The hairs on the back of my neck bristle.
My eyes are closed yet I see the beauty of what lies before me.
See it in the sounds of the wind moving the trees.
The soft clatter and sparkle of the creek.
The heat of the setting sun lies softly upon my shoulders.
I look up, slowly...
Opening my eyes to a fairy tale.
Noticing...
Everything.
A feeling of boundless energy courses through my body as I see the glorious landscape in a myriad of colors.
Colors meant only for for the cheap toys, but here the seem made for the blind.
I raise my eyes to the wondrous blue overhead and a soft sigh escapes my lips as I notice the pure beauty as if for the first time.
It is empty, but for a few puffs of clouds in the distance, dancing with the setting sun, like mother and child, playing in the surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment